April/May Section Luncheon
AELS Board Electrical Engineer Member
The IEEE Alaska Section will have our April/May 2013 member luncheon on Wednesday, May 1st from 11:30AM to 1:00 PM at the Coast International Inn.
The speaker for this month’s meeting is AELS Board Member, Eric Eriksen. Although the agenda is not fully established at this time, Mr. Eriksen will be in Anchorage on his way to the AELS board meeting in Fairbanks, and has agreed to be our guest speaker.
Among possible topics for discussion will be:
· Mr. Eriksen’s role on the AELS Board and a report of the state and status of Registered Electrical Engineers in Alaska
· How the addition of new sub-discipline licenses has and will impact the field of Electrical Engineering
· While Software Engineering, Instrument/Control Engineering and Fire Protection Engineering are all areas of responsibility that Electrical Engineers have traditionally covered, each of these “new disciplines” have responsibility that is outside the traditional Electrical Engineering arena, but there is concern expressed by Electrical Engineers that these changes represent an eroding of the areas of responsibility of Electrical Engineers. Because the Software Engineering is still in process Eric will not be able to speak at any length on this particular issue.
· Why should students and non-registered electrical engineers consider registration?
· What kinds of drawings need to be stamped?
If you have other topics that you would like to be added to the discussion, please send them to IEEE Alaska Section Chair, Robert Seitz at email@example.com.
The Coast International will provide a buffet style chef’s choice of one chicken and one beef dish, salad, fruit, and side vegetables. The cost for IEEE Members is $10. IEEE Student branch members are invited to attend for no charge. Non-members price is $15.
NEW: As part of our commitment to establish a more useful internet presence, IEEE Alaska Section will be incorporating the IEEE Meeting Scheduler to better predict attendance at our monthly meetings. Please use click here to register to attend this month’s meeting.